Dental Implants in Kamloops, BC
A dental implant is a popular tooth replacement option because it looks just like a natural tooth and restores functionality to your smile. Dental implants consist of three parts: a titanium implant, a connecting abutment, and a crown that is custom-made to match the color and size of your other teeth. In fact, many people can’t tell the difference between a dental implant and a natural tooth.
When a tooth is missing in the back of the mouth, many people dismiss the need to replace it. However, that missing tooth poorly affects your overall oral health by posing a risk for bone loss. Any missing or failing tooth can cause bone loss or gum recession, which leads to periodontal disease. If you’ve been missing a tooth or teeth for a while, the jaw bone may have deteriorated in that area. This is because a tooth’s root stimulates the jaw bone during chewing, keeping it strong. Dental implants help maintain healthy gums and jaw bone strength. If there isn’t enough jaw bone to support an implant, a bone graft is placed to promote bone growth and create a sturdy foundation. If you are interested in learning more about dental implants and the various tooth replacement options available at our Kamloops, BC, office, we invite you to contact us to schedule a consultation with Dr. Stefanuto.
Top 5 Benefits of Dental Implants
- Restored Functionality. You will regain the same function as a healthy, natural tooth, and be able to eat your favourite foods without worry.
- Easy to Care For. Dental implants stay in place, and you take care of them with regular brushing and flossing, just like natural teeth.
- Natural Results. The crown is designed to match your smile, making the dental implant indistinguishable from your other teeth.
- Improve Jaw Bone Health. The implant acts as a tooth root by stimulating the jaw bone, keeping it strong and preventing bone deterioration.
- Durability. The titanium will fuse with your jaw bone and with proper care, a dental implant has the potential to last a lifetime.
How Much Does a Dental Implant Cost?
Several factors determine the cost of replacement teeth, such as the details of your insurance coverage, the number of implants you need, if any additional procedures like bone grafting or extractions are needed, and your choice of anaesthesia. We will discuss the details of your treatment during your first visit.
Removable dentures are an alternative to dental implants, but many patients find that they are clunky, embarrassing, and cause sores and discomfort. You must replace dentures every few years and remove them during eating and cleaning. While they may seem cheaper upfront, dentures can cost more if future care is needed to treat major bone loss or other oral issues.
Types of Anaesthesia
We offer anaesthesia options to keep you as comfortable as possible during your surgical procedure.
Dr. Stefanuto uses a Dynamic 3D Navigation system called XNAV Technologies to achieve a higher level of implant accuracy. Apex Surgical Centre is proud to offer this technology to patients, and the entire team has received extensive training in the execution of XNAV-guided implant placement.